Covid 19 Update 2nd April 2020
- We are still supplying as normal from our UK distribution centre
- Deliveries may take a day or two longer in the UK, due to increased volume generally on Royal Mail
- If you normally have a non stock lens, for example toric or multifocal, it would be a good idea to order these now, while UK contact lens manufacturers are still operating normally.
- International Deliveries may take up to 8 weeks, due to reduced commercial flights
- We have moved Customer Support staff to their home, for their safety, where service is normal.
Daysoft Closes Its Doors
Daysoft.com, the popular UK manufacturer of daysoft contact lenses, has today decided to close its Scottish factory for the protection of their workers. Customers who normally get supplied from Daysoft directly from their website will not be able to do so while they are closed.
Specsavers and Boots Opticians have Closed
Specsavers and Boots Opticians have reacted to the Pandemic by closing their Opticians shops throughout the UK. Specsavers are still open for essential or emergency eye care, but not routine testing or contact lens fitting or collection.
British Contact Lens Association (BCLA) Clarifies Advice on Covid and wearing Contact Lenses
The BCLA released advice relating to the scare in the news that contact lens wear should be avoided during this epidemic period:
'There is no evidence to date that contact lens wear should be avoided by healthy individuals, or that contact lens wearers are more at risk for a coronavirus infection compared to those wearing spectacles.
There is currently no evidence to suggest any correlation between the usage of contact lenses and the spread of Covid-19 or a coronavirus infection related to contact lens use.
To help maintain healthy contact lens wear, all contact lenses wearers should follow correct lens wear and care instructions as prescribed by their Eye Care Professional. These include following good hygiene practices. When you are unwell, for example cold or flu like symptoms, you may not feel like wearing lenses and this is good practice.'
Large Delivery of Crystal Aqua Lenses to Contactlenses.co.uk
We are pleased to have just received a large delivery of 75000 boxes of Crystal Aqua contact lenses. This is fortunate as we were preparing, not for Covid, but for Brexit. Crystal Aqua are a great replacement for Focus Dailies Aquacomfort Plus, and 1 Day Acuvue Moist, as well as Daysoft Contact Lenses and only £6.99/box of 30 lenses.
Auto Reorder Customers
We are pre ordering stock from suppliers for those customers on Auto Reorder, so that we can ensure that supply is delivered normally.
DPD - Special Deliveries
DPD our courier are moving to contact free delivery. Please select 'deliver to safe place' when you get your tracking details on the despatch email (or download the DPD app). Alternatively you can leave a note on your door to tell the driver where to leave your parcel.'
Due to the massive restriction on commercial flights we have been informed that shipments to all International destinations can be seriously delayed. USA shipments are now travelling by boat and can take 8 weeks.
General Precautions for Covid 19 and Contact Lens Wear
It is particularly important to implement good hygiene with your contact lenses at this time. The eyes are a route into your body for the Covid 19 virus, through your tear ducts.
- wash hands thoroughly before inserting or removing contact lenses
- never share your contact lenses
- daily lenses are the safest contact lenses to use
- change solutions in your contact lens case daily
- change contact lens storage cases weekly
- Avoid rubbing your eyes